Contact Information for SUNNY SAVAGE:Rawdon (QC)
(450) 834-4128, (514) 919-8009
Over 25 years experience in television (CKSA TV, Art Director), advertising agencies, private corporations (Syncrude Canada, Art Director), community agencies (The United Way, National Film Theatre, Maison Cross Roads), artist-run centres (Creative Performing Space, Latitude 53) and private galleries.
CANADIAN MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION
Conference: Banff , AB , May 9-12, 1991
“WOMEN AND MENTAL HEALTH: Women in a Violent Society”.
- Provided painting to serve as visual focus, as well as 10,000 internationally distributed brochures and 1,500 posters of painting.
Conference: Banff , AB, May 11-14, 1989
“WOMEN AND MENTAL HEALTH: Social, Economic, and Political Perspectives”.
- Provided painting to serve as visual focus as well as 10,000 internationally distributed brochures and 125 signed reproductions of painting.
AIDS NETWORK OF EDMONTON, Edmonton, AB
Aids awareness campaign (1988)
- Provided 2 information brochures and 2 community outreach posters.
CREATIVE PERFORMING SPACE, Fort McMurray, AB
- Co-founder (non-for-profit arts umbrella group) a registered society of Alberta artists, in Fort McMurray, AB. (1978-1981)
Experience with Youth in Educational Environments:
RAWDON ARTISTS’ CIRCLE, Rawdon, QC
Selection Committee and Public Relations (1998-2007)
- Working in conjunction with the individual schools, the Municipality of Rawdon , the Multiethnic Centre, various local businesses and community organizations, The Annual Rawdon Art Contest was established. The event involved the participation of hundreds of children from Rawdon and the surrounding area, with the winners of the various age groups attending the vernissage, participating in the Canada Day Parade and winning assorted prizes. Their works of art were displayed in the Hotel de Ville lobby for a period of 6 months.
TOUJOURS ENSEMBLE, South Central Montréal, QC
Non-profit youth services agency (summer, 1985)
- Created and coordinated the creation of a 24’ x 14’ mural, in the common room of the 19th century church, working in tandem with several of the youth volunteers.
PROTESTANT SCHOOL BOARD OF EDMONTON, Edmonton, AB
("Artist in the Classroom" project) (1984-1985)
- Introduced basic concepts of abstract art to grades 1 through 6
( Edmonton ) Vanderlee Gallery - May 1985 - on consignment
( Edmonton ) Edmonton Fringe Festival - Aug.1985 - juried group show
( Edmonton ) Marc Gallery - Sept.1985 - solo show (1 month)
( Edmonton ) Design Galleries - Jan.1986 - solo show (1 month)
( Montréal ) SAQ Galerie, Somerled - July 1986 - solo show (2 weeks)
( Montréal ) Arts Westmount - Sept.1986 - juried group show
( Montréal ) La Galerie Artlenders - Oct.1986 - juried group show
( Edmonton ) Dallas Frame/Arts Ltd. - April 1989 - solo show (1 month)
( Montréal ) Galerie Serge Turgeon -1990-1991 - on consignment
( Montréal ) Galerie Schorer - Nov.1995-Nov.1998 - bi-annual group shows (5)
( Montréal ) Galerie Schorer - Feb.1996 - solo show (2 weeks)
( Montréal ) The Masonic Temple - June 2001 - juried group show
( Rawdon ) The Rawdon Artists Circle - July 2000 - July 2007 annual group shows
( Montréal ) Art Now (Westmount Public Library) - August 2009 - presentation